Welcome to Yoga Rocks!
Corona Times additional information:
We’re excited to have guests once more and see a fun and social season taking place.
Everything below is correct we believe except that transfers from the airport have been in the last years limited to a certain number of guests per taxi but we have a feeling that this year these regulations will be relaxed before the season starts.
We aim to make the retreat a relaxed yet safe space so everyone can enjoy the best of their yoga holiday.
We look forward to welcoming you to Yoga Rocks very soon now. Here is some information which might help in the run up to your trip.
- Transfer times from either Chania (CHQ) or Heraklion (HER) are around two hours, may be about 10 minutes quicker from Heraklion. When you have your arrival times let us know so we can help group people together. If you want to hire a car we can also help you with this. The best way to find us is to put Yoga Rocks into your Google maps. We can also give you real directions too as a back up. At the very bottom of this page is a map you can explore easily or click on the map below.
- New this year is the possibility to hire e-bikes and may be normal bikes too in Agios Pavlos. Let us know if you want more info.
- There are no cash points nearby, the nearest one is about 40 minutes drive so bring money for Friday night dinner out (about €20), transfers, massage if you fancy it (€60), cafe drinks, sunbeds and souvenirs.
- There is a shop in the nearby hotel open mornings and then again in the early evening. Though they have some handy things it is best that you bring everything you need. If you do forget something between us and the shop we’ll be able to sort you out!
- There are a couple of cafes, tavernas and lovely beaches within walking distance for outings.
- We are 40 minutes by car from the Spili – a historic mountain town with good amenities and about the same from Agia Galini, which is a similar size but on the sea.
- The sun is very strong so bring a high factor sun cream, a good sun hat and cover up clothes (think cool with long sleeves) – check what to bring for more ideas.
- In the early mornings and evenings in Spring/Autumn it can be a little chilly so especially if you want to relax and watch the sunrise or the amazing stars bring some warmer clothes.
- Towels and linen are of course provided at the retreat but it is be a good idea to bring a beach towel or sarongs.
- The water is great to drink so a reusable water bottle is important – it will save money and waste. Since you have a fridge in your room you can keep it chilled and we also have a cold water tap.
- Plugs – standard European.
- Rugged terrain in places so good walking footwear is useful for dune romping and if you do like an evening stroll or an amble round after dark a torch can be handy.
- Yoga mats, blankets, blocks and belts provided – alternatively you can bring your own mat.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended.
- At Yoga Rocks we invite you to drop down a gear and really relax. At the beginning of every week we will be there to help you to settle in as quickly as possible and give you more information about the surrounds and what to expect on your retreat.
Please check the FAQs or contact Phil, Helen or Morag at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info – we are here to help.